Immediate Need for PR Assistant
Suasion is aggressively seeking a recent college graduate who is ready to jumpstart their career in Public Relations. We have an immediate opening at our growing, Central Pennsylvania firm for a creative professional who is ready to assist our dynamic team in providing excellent communications, PR and media relations to our extraordinary list of clients.
Are you looking for the perfect place to use your gifts and talents to transform lives? Do you want an opportunity to create meaningful work within the non-profit, disability and health care arenas?
We are Suasion, and we create bold strategies, innovative communications and compelling experiences that influence, educate, engage and, ultimately, transform perceptions. If you are interested in joining one of the hottest, fieriest and most sought-after agencies in the area, and you meet the qualifications below, we want to hear from you!
- Help develop bold, creative concepts for our clients
- Assist our Account Coordinators, Executives and Marketing Director in the day-to-day management of accounts
- Provide some administrative tasks for the marketing team including; developing client reports; handling correspondence; and responding to client phone calls, emails and faxes
- Prepare agendas, schedule meetings, and generate materials for meetings
- Maintain client files and/or archives for all assigned accounts
- Write drafts of press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, pitches, etc.
- Create and maintain media lists and databases
- Cultivate relationships with appropriate reporters and media contacts
- Help coordinate the production of projects
- Proofread and edit copy and communications materials
- Research and develop copy and content for newsletters, advertising, websites, social media posts, or collateral materials
- Develop the skills necessary to advance to higher-level positions within the firm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field preferred
- No formal experience required, but a related internship is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A self-prescribed grammar nut who enjoys the English language and crafting great copy
- Proficiency with contact databases and/or WordPress a plus
- Creative thinker who’s open-minded and easy to work with
- Integrity, work ethic, discipline, passion and collaborative spirit are musts
We are reviewing resumes immediately! If you’re up for the challenge and you have the character and values that will fit with our team, please submit your resume to Karen Gross at Karen@Suasion.us.